Beyond the Kitchen
You know you need to eat well and be active to build a healthy body. If you’re having a hard time fitting activity in to your busy days, try these real life solutions:
- Play tag with your kids - a great stress buster for you too!
- Take homework 'time outs' - get up with the kids and dance for a brain-break.
- Walk the dog briskly - it's good for you and your canine pal!
- Move at practice - while the kids are having lessons, climb the stands, walk the block or stretch in the halls.
- Make your meetings moving ones! Grab a co-worker and go for a brisk walk around the block - watch those ideas flow!
- Reading with e-motion - when reading stories together, imitate the animals characters or machines in the book with your kids.
- Volunteer to coach your child's sports team - and then do the drills with the kids!
- Turn daily chores into active fun - lunge while sweeping floors, add a little dance step while raking leaves, push and pull the vacuum with enthusiasm!
Take a step toward healthier living - be active with your family every day!